Thursday, November 12, 2015


I joined the military at 18. I worked, saved and invested. Uncle Sam used me, broke me and now pays me. I took my money and bought some rental properties for extra income. Now I have my retirement, my disability, my old fugger retirement job and the rental income. I guess to a 29 year old high school dropout whose longest job has been the Army Guard I'm someone to try and sponge off of.

 

 One of my 2 bedroom apartments is empty. I'm slowly remolding it and am down to the bathroom. The guy that owned/built it was a moron and I have to replace sheetrock with greenboard, the shower surround and some other stuff. My deadbeat brother-in-law has moved in until he goes to Afghanistan (now that he is off probation) and has informed me that I need to completely guy the bathroom and replace everything because he suspects black mold and has given me several suggestions as to what type of replacement items I need. Seems a new tub is needed as the one that is in it could be contaminated.

 

 Now black mold is a PITA but you can get rid of it. I showed him the affected areas and how I remove all affected sheetrock then removed to the next stud to ensure the area was clear. I used tea tree oil and a sprayer and the entire area was cleaned 3 times with a 1 week window in between. He pointed out an area by the exposed faucet and said "Look, black mold". I said "No, scorched wood from a MAPP gas torch. He got all bent out of shape because he worked construction (for 3 days) and he knows what the hell he is talking about. I said "Fine, get out of my apartment". He walked off mumbling under his breath.

 

 The next morning the mother-in-law called. Just a friendly chat with the wife about how her son is getting sick and it must be something in the apartment. She went on about how it will be hard to rent if we don't fix it right. I said it will be hard to rent because we won't be able to get her loser son out when he wiggles out of his Afghanistan orders.

 Now somehow I'm the bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment