Thursday, November 12, 2015


So my sister-in-law has gone back to college……again. She asked me to review one of her papers, knowing that I can’t leave a poorly written assignment alone. So far after 6 papers I am holding an A+ in her class and her teacher is very impressed with her work. My wife has decided to finish her degree and has also gone back to school. Her first paper was due and asked if I would help her on it. Coming off a fresh high with my last A I said “Sure thing baby, should be a breeze.” Professor Pain N. Myass sent it back for a rewrite. WTF? I was ready to go have a chat with him when the wife reminded me that it was her taking the class. She had to remove “it”. Nowhere in the paper could the word “it” be utilized even if it made sense (see what I did there ;-}. She was to capitalize fort even though it was not used in naming a location (IE: Fort Collins). It was a paper for history but he informed her that it contained too much history. 

 Now I’m by no means an English major but I do have a tendency to stand my ground and argue my case. Sometimes I’m proven wrong but at least I can make my case. The wife told me I had to hold my tongue on this matter as it is her class, not mine. I told her “Nay nay, for I will have my day”. She gave me that “Oh God, what are you planning” look that I get about 10 times a week. “Ohhh nothing” I said. 

 I just requested my transcripts and have talked with the college. I’ll be in his class next semester. Now what else should I take? I’ll see what the wife is taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment