Thursday, November 12, 2015


 We were shopping in a mall and came across a kiosk that was selling cookies. My wife likes pecans and as she was having a hard time deciding what cookie she wanted I pointed out that they had pecan cookies. I myself didn’t want anything so I stood back as she got in line to order. When she was done she handed the kids their cookies and then gave me one; it was the pecan cookie that I had pointed out. I asked if I was just holding it for her or what and she said “no, you asked for it.” I explained that I was simply pointing it out to her, not for myself because I do not like pecans. Well, the mall was busy and loud and she couldn’t hear me so I raised my voice a bit and she said “No, you said you wanted it.” I then said, loud enough so she could hear me over the other folks, I fking hate pecans. You know that moment at the party when you have to yell to be heard but as soon as you say something the whole place gets real quiet and you sound like a screaming idiot? This was one of those moments. 200 people that day came to the realization that I FKN HATE PECANS!, including Nana. 

 Back to the cake and ice cream. Nana was enjoying her slice of cake and the cool ice cream treat with a particularly sinister grin on her face. I had to choke down the vile mixture of carrot cake and pecans so as not to hurt grandma’s feelings. The gloves are off now Nana.

1 comment:

  1. Probably not funny at the time. But funny reading it now.

    ReplyDelete