Thursday, November 12, 2015


So the new radiator just showed up. Snoop dummy dumb said he can put it in all by his wittle self. I told the wife that was his code for "I will screw this up royally". Well he called the wife and asked if we had the tools to swap radiators out. I looked at the wife and said "I thought Mr. Good wrench had this covered". The wife asked if he could borrow mine.

 Years ago I learned a valuable lesson in life. When you get a shiny new tool don't show it off. Ohh it will be tempting but as soon as you do people will start pestering the crap out of you to borrow it. I came up with a fix to the problem.

 The wife and I went to the shed. I showed her my little tool box filled with rusty sockets and broken ratchets, a few crescent wrenches and assorted crap. "See hun, all my tools are missing or crap, I can't help him". Now tucked away in the back of the shed I have a second tool box. The one that sits in the cardboard box marked Hot Rod 1978-1992. As my wife has no real interest in anything automotive (she is a Dodge owner after all) it is one place she will never venture and my collection of tools stays safe from the B-I-L.

No comments:

Post a Comment