Thursday, November 12, 2015



 The phone call came to an end at about this point. The wife turned to me and asked “So are you going to?” I said “Yes to scratching myself but I can’t seem to find any John Wayne movies on”. She said “You know what I mean”. I said “Do you feel like working on the apartment?” She said “No”. I said OK, let’s get some food together for your brother then I will surprise you”. We show up at the apartment and my wife hands him a bag with lima beans, a box of apple stovetop stuffing (who the hell thought that was a good combo) and a box of generic frosted flakes. When I was packing the bag my wife asked “No milk?” I said “How would that be funny?” She said it seemed a little mean. I had to inform her that I ate dry cereal on many occasion and once had Mac and Cheese for 2 weeks straight because it was on sale and I needed money to pay bills. “He will live.” I told her. She told her brother we couldn’t stay because I was taking the family somewhere but wouldn’t tell them. I said “Oh, I thought we could go to Golden Corral”. I put the truck in drive and off we go. My son asked if we were not going to take uncle deadbeat. I said “With all the food he has at his place?” “No, he’s good”.
The first ignored mother-in-law call to the wife’s cell phone took about 3 minutes. She was getting calls till she turned it off at 9 last night. I’m sure there is something on Face (Share with strangers your dirty laundry) Book.
So I'm trying to relax after work. Got supper almost done and the kids had finished pestering me and were now bugging the crap out of each other. Then the phone rings. Seems the BIL's vehicle broke down. So supper goes on the back burner and the wife and I load up to rescue him.
 Seems he has been having a bit of an overheating issue as of late. He fills it up before he leaves then again on his way back home only this time he forgot to fill it back up. When I say fills it up I mean completely from empty.
 We get to where he is at and he pops the hood. He has a crack running up the radiator starting at the lower hose. I had 3 gallons of water with me so we filled it up. As we did I asked if he stopped because it was getting hot or did it overheat and shut down on him. He said "It started to knock real loud". "Do you think I screwed it up". Ohhhhh no, not at all. He gets in and starts it and it sounds like someone is hitting the motor with a sledge hammer. My wife asks "Is it supposed to do that?" "Yes, yes it is" I said and walked away. Seems my sarcasm was not appreciated. So dumb arse puts it in gear and off he goes. I get in and drive the 7 miles home and low and behold there he is in the driveway. Seems the wife invited him for dinner. Why not.
 I'm sure a new radiator will be on my shopping list


No comments:

Post a Comment