Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How it all started


Chapter 1. The beginning

I met a gal 18 years ago and we got married. She was a college student and I was stationed at a nearby air force base. The first time I met the mother-in-law (to be at the time) she pulled up into my yard unannounced and unloaded her car full of hoodlums. After introducing herself I had this odd, sickening feeling that I would come to know all to well. She was starting the divorce process from my wife's step father and at first I felt sorry for him and was sure he was glad to be unloading this train wreck.  It wasn’t long before I realized that they were two of a kind and both were way off their rockers.  Time went on and eventually we were married.  Though I had an insane new family they were 10 miles away and for most of the time were out of our lives.  Well the divorce of the mother-in-law took a while as they would go back and forth on whether they were going through with it or not. But finally soon after we were married they were not.  This proved to be the first of many incidents and for the first it started with a bang.  The step father-in-law had kicked them out of his place and left them homeless.  Though my wife wanted no part of their insanity she felt the need to house them until my mother-in-law could get “back on her feet”.  Naturally they moved into our little 2 bedroom house. Being young and just married we had a 750 sq ft house with one window A/C unit. It was strategically located in our bedroom window to make the muggy nights bearable. The first cackle from the mother-in-law came on the 2nd night that my new house guest were there. "Why do you get the A/C. Didn't your mother ever teach you to respect your elders." Then her kids (who had to sleep in the small living room) started yelling and laughing and carrying on. I had to get up at 0430 for work and didn't feel like listening to this crap so I kindly yelled for them to shut the hell up. Ma-in-laws secret weapon, the switch blade finger, came out in a blink of an eye. "You don't tell my kids what to do." I raised my hand as a gesture for her to calm down and was hit by the other finger. "Don't point a finger at me young man." I turned and walked into my room. Locked the door and turned the A/C on as cold as I could. After 20 minutes of begging and apologies I finally let the wife back in. She apologized for her mom, but I informed her that the lady and her brood have to go. The next day I put in for orders.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Bush150 from the Ford150 forum. Holy shit, your mom in law told you what to do in your house? The nerve of her! Your roof, your rules (and your A/C)

    ReplyDelete