Friday, April 29, 2011

Chapter 16: How the mighty will fall.

Well the trucking business was going well and when I say well I mean in the crapper fast. The mobile mansion/office had found its way from my house to the local trailer park. The positive is that Nana decided to move with it. Could this be it? Could I have finally arrived at the moment in time I had dreamed of (excluding the Nana in a fiery crash dream.). Like a warrior arising through the smoke after the battle was over I had scars to show but the victory was mine. I stood at the edge of my little kingdom with head held high and chest out as I was once again king.

For those of us who have served this great country we know the old adage that a battle won doesn’t necessarily mean a war won. It was but a few short months later that the business expenditures required trimming and the expense of the trailer lot was the first thing cut. I don’t see it as a total loss as the trailer ended up at my sister-in-laws (the one I get along with) and Nana came back to roost. I kinda see it as a split win. Nana 99% me 1%.

It only took a couple of weeks before the trailer was sold. My sister-in-law and her hubby were so happy to get the news as they had to keep it in their back yard for two weeks. I told them I would gladly trade the trailer for the mother-in-law. No takers there.

About a week later I noticed the trailer was still in the back yard. I asked the obvious question “Why” and was informed that the buyer wouldn’t be able to pick it up for a few weeks and was paying a little extra for it to be stored there. I said “at least you’ll make a little money off the deal”. Nope, the father-in-law saw it a little different. Even though it was stored on the brother-in-laws property he rightly deserved the cash, after all it was his trailer so the storage money was fairly his. As you fine folks now know I am well versed in his ideas of who deserves what when it come to money and family. I felt bad for them but couldn’t help feeling a little guilty pleasure in having someone else feel the pain of the parents’ n-laws). I should have known karma not only hated me but was coming around again for another round of kicking my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment