Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chapter 13: The start of something good (and sure to fail)

So I now have the mother-in-law staying in my driveway and the father-in-law over everyday to run his trucking empire. Three big rigs sitting in my front yard and more pissed off neighbors living around me than Israel . What was next I pondered?

Well, since my wife works for a real trucking company her help was enlisted. It appears that the in-laws knew nothing of running a company and except for having a CDL the father-in-law had no other experience in this sure fire endeavor. I asked the wife what she was going to get paid for her efforts and she said “I’ll get 10% of the business”.  “My ass” I told her. You will be stuck with 10% of the debt in 6 month time.“If you don’t make a dime from your work that is on you but your name is not going on a single piece of paper for this train wreck.” So the circus began.

The first driver they hired had to pass a rigorous background check. It appeared that with the exception of the drug charges and a few other minor offenses he fit the bill. I told them that I though they had set the bar a little low and I’m sure they could find a better candidate by simply searching the local paper for a list of DUI offenders. Well, at least one truck was on the road. Now the real money is gonna just start rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment