Thursday, March 29, 2012

Teaching my daughter to do her homework

So my daughter just exclaimed "Oh no, I have a poem to write for school". Seems she forgot that it was due. She was a bit frantic and couldn't come up with a thing to write about. I told her she should have been thinking of a topic and writing bits of the poem over the last week and she would be done by now. That drew the roll of the eyes and a sigh. She started her my world is going to end rant so I told her not to fear, daddy is here. She seemed a bit cheerier and sat back waiting for me to do her work for her. About 5 minutes later I was done. I sat her down and as I read I watched her eyes light up. Well maybe not "light up". More of a pissed of glare. Anyway, here was the poem I wrote for her.



Ode to a turd


Oh turd, oh turd, oh turd of mine
Why did you leave from my behind

Oh turd, oh turd, oh turd of yours
Why can’t you take that smell outdoors

Oh turd, oh turd, oh turd of we
Why did you poke out when we went to pee

Oh turd, oh turd, oh turd of us
So large that you made us cuss

Oh turd, oh turd, oh turd of man
Please just get out as fast as you can



She stared at me for a second and then said "I can't use that". I said "You can use the moral of the story". "What moral is that?" she asked. I said "Don't wait for someone else to do your work at the last minute or you may just get something that is a bunch of sh!t".

No comments:

Post a Comment